Why We Need to Know About You
We need to know about you so that we can provide you with the services you have asked for. We may also need information from you and others to help us verify your identity in order to prevent money laundering and terrorism.
What we need to know about you includes your address, age and other basic information. But we may have to know more about you, including your finances, employment, health, hobbies or business you conduct with us, with other affiliated companies or with other companies.
How We Learn About You
What we know about you we get mostly from you. But we may also have to find out more about you from other sources in order to make sure that what we know about you is correct and complete. Those sources may include your adult relatives, employers, consumer reporting agencies, health care providers and others. Some of our sources may give us reports, and they may disclose what they know about you to others.
Types of Information We Collect and Disclose
We collect non-public personal financial and health information about you, your family and your property in order to prepare your taxes, issue policies, service policies, and handle claims. Non-public personal financial and health information is defined as information not generally available to the public. We collect this information in a number of ways, including:
- E-mail.We may email requests to you to complete and support your transactions with us and to comply with law. We may also send you email to follow-up on coverage quotes, respond to your questions, and to provide you with information about your policy and other information. We will not share your email address with third parties without your consent.
- Information that you give us when you apply for a policy or make a policy change through our affiliate company.When you apply for a policy we record the information that you give us on an application form. We also record information when you request a policy change. The information we obtain may include your name, address, and telephone number, driver’s license number, social security number, date of birth, length of employment, gender, marital status, prior insurance information, home ownership, length of residency, vehicle descriptions, miles driven and vehicle use, other drivers, vehicle garaging address and driving history.
- Information that we acquire in the course of doing business with you.We collect information about your transactions with our company and other companies. It may include your insurance coverage selections and premiums, payment and claims history, information used to calculate premium, and your payment and billing information. It may also include information used to adjust, investigate, settle, and defend claims, such as witness statements, and police reports.
- Information that we acquire from third parties.We collect information from consumer reporting agencies. It may include motor vehicle records, driving records, accident reports, claims history reports, insurance records, and consumer reports that may include credit information. Upon your written request to us, we will provide you with a copy of this information. You have the right to access this personal information and ask for correction of any erroneous information found in the records of these third parties.
- Information that we acquire from our Web site. Our website is encrypted to protect your information. We create “cookies” (a small text file stored on your computer) while you are on our Web site. The “cookie” does not contain any personal information. We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track user movement, and gather broad demographic information. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. More information about our privacy practices is found at http://www.SunriseMonetarySolutionsllc.com/Privacy-Policy.
How We Protect What We Know About You
We treat what we know about you confidentially. Our employees are told to take care in handling your information. They may get information about you only when there is a good reason to do so. We take steps to make our computer data bases secure and to safeguard the information we have about you.
How We Use and Disclose What We Know About You
We may use anything we know about you to help us serve you better. We may use it, and disclose it to our affiliates, for any purpose allowed by law. For instance, we may use your information, and disclose it to others, in order to:
- Prepare your taxes
- Secure a tax refund on your behalf
- For our everyday business purposes, such as to process insurance transactions, maintain a policy, respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus
- Help us evaluate your request for a financial product or service
- Help us process claims and other transactions
- Confirm or correct what we know about you
- Help us prevent fraud, money laundering, terrorism and other crimes by verifying what we know about you
- Help us run our business
- Process data for us
- Perform research for us
- Help us comply with the law
- Audit our business
Other reasons we may disclose what we know about you include:
- Doing what a court or government agency requires us to do; for example, complying with a search warrant or subpoena
- Telling another company what we know about you, if we are or may be selling all or any part of our business or merging with another company
- Giving information to the government so that it can decide whether you may get benefits that it will have to pay for
- Telling your health care provider about a medical problem that you have but may not be aware of
- Giving your information to a peer review organization if you have health insurance with our affiliate
- Giving your information to someone who has a legal interest in your insurance through our affiliate, such as someone who lent you money and holds a lien on your policy
When we disclose information to others to perform business services for us, they are required to take appropriate steps to protect this information. And they may use the information only for the purposes of performing those business services.
We may use what we know about you in order to offer you our other products and services. We may share your information with other affiliated companies to help us. Here are our other rules on using your information to market products and services:
- We will share information about you with our affiliates for use in marketing its products to you. You will not have an opportunity to “opt out” due to a close knit family business and the nature of services that are provided.
- We will not share your health information with any unaffiliated companies, to permit it to market its products and services to you.
- We will not share your financial information with any unaffiliated companies, to permit it to market its products and services to you.
- We will not share your demographic information with any unaffiliated companies, to permit it to market its products and services to you.
- We will not share your personally identifiable information with any unaffiliated companies, to permit it to market its products and services to you.
- To be clear, we will not disclose information to any unaffiliated companies, unless it is directly related to an attempt to provide services sold by SMS and its affiliates, or required by law to disclose.
How You Can See and Correct Your Information
Generally, we will let you review what we know about you if you ask us in writing. (Because of its legal sensitivity, we will not show you anything that we learned in connection with a claim or lawsuit.) If you tell us that what we know about you is incorrect, we will review it. If we agree with you, we will correct our records. If we do not agree with you, you may tell us in writing, and we will include your statement when we give your information to anyone outside SMS and its affiliates.
You May Have Additional Rights Under Other Privacy Laws
How You Can Get Other Material From Us